Watercolour Tips, Techniques,
and Painting Tutorials
Welcome to the new Watercolour Workshop blog, where you can find watercolour painting techniques, tips and advice, free video tutorials, artwork ideas and everything you need to start watercolour painting at home.
I have taught thousands of students in my online watercolour course, shared countless watercolour video tutorials over on YouTube, and shared the joy of watercolour painting with the hundreds of thousands of creative people through my watercolour project books.
You’ve likely found this blog because you are interested in learning watercolour as a hobby or have questions about a specific painting technique. I hope that what you find here assists you in your artistic journey and leaves you with a little bit of confidence!
Watercolour Painting Techniques & Basics
Here you can find in depth articles about watercolour painting techniques, basic fundamentals for beginners, watercolor inspiration and ideas, and lots more!
Free Art & Watercolour Video Lessons
Below is a collection of art tutorials, watercolour demonstrations and lessons from my YouTube channel. Learn how to create lovely and unique pieces of art by following along step-by-step.
- We’ve upgraded the paper in our watercolour journals Now available in our shop! wonderforest.com
- How to draw a pumpkin 🎃 SO EASY!Here’s a super simple way to draw a pumpkin for Halloween or the Fall season! Try this easy drawing tutorial and let me know how it goes 🙂 This requires hardly any drawing experience and… Continue reading How to draw a pumpkin 🎃 SO EASY!
- How to care for your paint brushes
- SO MANY NEW PRODUCTS + A BRUSH DEMOSharing everything that’s new over in the Wonder Forest store, including my brand new Deluxe Brush Set and Essential Detail Brush set, Professional Watercolour Paper Pads and Journals!! VISIT MY STORE ➡️ http://wonderforest.com Sign up… Continue reading SO MANY NEW PRODUCTS + A BRUSH DEMO
- Colour Mixing Basics & Skin Tones for Watercolour PaintingHey friends! In this watercolour painting video, I go through some color mixing basics so you can get the most out of the least amount of watercolor paint colours. I’ll share how to create different… Continue reading Colour Mixing Basics & Skin Tones for Watercolour Painting
- How To Paint a Loose Watercolour Ice Cream ConeHey friends! In this loose watercolour tutorial, I’ll show you how to create a fun ice cream cone. This was a painting tutorial I created last year and never posted here. I’ll use some watercolor… Continue reading How To Paint a Loose Watercolour Ice Cream Cone
Short Drawing Tutorials, Paint Making and More!
Some of my YouTube #shorts videos including step-by-step watercolour tutorials and drawing tutorials.
Besides being a wife and mama, I’m an entrepreneur, artist and author of the Watercolor With Me book series. I’m from Ontario, Canada and founder of the brand Wonder Forest. I’m here to help you on your watercolour journey!