Watercolour Tips, Techniques,
and Painting Tutorials
Welcome to the new Watercolour Workshop blog, where you can find watercolour painting techniques, tips and advice, free video tutorials, artwork ideas and everything you need to start watercolour painting at home.
I have taught thousands of students in my online watercolour course, shared countless watercolour video tutorials over on YouTube, and shared the joy of watercolour painting with the hundreds of thousands of creative people through my watercolour project books.
You’ve likely found this blog because you are interested in learning watercolour as a hobby or have questions about a specific painting technique. I hope that what you find here assists you in your artistic journey and leaves you with a little bit of confidence!
Watercolour Painting Techniques & Basics
Here you can find in depth articles about watercolour painting techniques, basic fundamentals for beginners, watercolor inspiration and ideas, and lots more!
- The Mental Health Benefits of PaintingIt’s easy to get wrapped up in the daily routines of life and forget about your own well-being. I get it. I’ve been there. I… Continue reading The Mental Health Benefits of Painting
- Watercolour Landscapes to Inspire Your Next PaintingWatercolour landscapes can be done in a variety of ways, which makes them so beautifully unique. Painting your favourite location like a seaside, quiet field,… Continue reading Watercolour Landscapes to Inspire Your Next Painting
- Easy Spring Painting IdeasThere is so much artistic inspiration in nature when the seasons change. Spring watercolour art is some of my favourite to create because it’s a… Continue reading Easy Spring Painting Ideas
- A Trick to Flatten Watercolour PaperOne of the most common questions that any watercolour beginner might ask is “how do I keep my watercolour paper flat?” We’ve all run into… Continue reading A Trick to Flatten Watercolour Paper
- How to Draw and Paint a Cat with WatercolourWondering how to paint a cat with watercolour? Even if you aren’t an artist, I’ve got a super simple step-by-step watercolour tutorial that you can… Continue reading How to Draw and Paint a Cat with Watercolour
- Gorgeous Floral Watercolour Paintings That Will Inspire YouPainting watercolour flowers comes so naturally to some artists. The softness of watercolour paint pairs so wonderfully with the delicate details of flowers. There are… Continue reading Gorgeous Floral Watercolour Paintings That Will Inspire You
- How To Paint Realistic Watercolour CloudsIf painting watercolour clouds is a technique that you want to learn how to master, here is one of my favourite ways to create wispy,… Continue reading How To Paint Realistic Watercolour Clouds
- How to Paint Watercolour MountainsFollow along as we paint a step-by-step watercolour mountain! Painting mountains with watercolour is relatively easy, you just need to keep in mind the placement… Continue reading How to Paint Watercolour Mountains
- How To Paint Water With WatercolourPainting water in watercolour can be an intimidating thing to accomplish. For a while, I avoided painting water because it seemed like every time I… Continue reading How To Paint Water With Watercolour
Free Art & Watercolour Video Lessons
Below is a collection of art tutorials, watercolour demonstrations and lessons from my YouTube channel. Learn how to create lovely and unique pieces of art by following along step-by-step.
- How to draw a pumpkin 🎃 SO EASY!Here’s a super simple way to draw a pumpkin for Halloween or the Fall season! Try this easy drawing tutorial and let me know how it goes 🙂 This requires hardly any drawing experience and… Continue reading How to draw a pumpkin 🎃 SO EASY!
- How to care for your paint brushes
- SO MANY NEW PRODUCTS + A BRUSH DEMOSharing everything that’s new over in the Wonder Forest store, including my brand new Deluxe Brush Set and Essential Detail Brush set, Professional Watercolour Paper Pads and Journals!! VISIT MY STORE ➡️ http://wonderforest.com Sign up… Continue reading SO MANY NEW PRODUCTS + A BRUSH DEMO
- Colour Mixing Basics & Skin Tones for Watercolour PaintingHey friends! In this watercolour painting video, I go through some color mixing basics so you can get the most out of the least amount of watercolor paint colours. I’ll share how to create different… Continue reading Colour Mixing Basics & Skin Tones for Watercolour Painting
- How To Paint a Loose Watercolour Ice Cream ConeHey friends! In this loose watercolour tutorial, I’ll show you how to create a fun ice cream cone. This was a painting tutorial I created last year and never posted here. I’ll use some watercolor… Continue reading How To Paint a Loose Watercolour Ice Cream Cone
- How To Paint a Butterfly in Watercolor With Me: In The JungleORDER MY BOOKS HERE➡️ https://wonderforest.com/product-category/books/ GET BRUSHES HERE ➡️ https://wonderforest.com/product-category/art-supplies/brushes/ Hey friends! In this video, I will show you how to paint the butterfly from my newest book, Watercolor With Me: In The Jungle. This… Continue reading How To Paint a Butterfly in Watercolor With Me: In The Jungle
Short Drawing Tutorials, Paint Making and More!
Some of my YouTube #shorts videos including step-by-step watercolour tutorials and drawing tutorials.
- How to Draw Roses – 3 Ways! #shortsHow to draw roses 3 ways for beginners! Here are some rose sketches I made in procreate. Which one is your favourite? P.s. this video… Continue reading How to Draw Roses – 3 Ways! #shorts
- How to draw 4 cute ghosts! #shortsTry drawing these cute ghosts for Halloween! Shop: http://wonderforest.com
- How An Art Teacher Killed My Dreams #shortsEncourage don’t discourage!! Shop: http://wonderforest.com
- How to draw a cactus #shortsLearn how to easily draw a cactus! Follow along on TikTok @thewonderforest
- The TRICK to draw a butterflyLearn this trick to drawing a butterfly 🦋 easily!!
- How To Draw a Pumpkin #shorts
Besides being a wife and mama, I’m an entrepreneur, artist and author of the Watercolor With Me book series. I’m from Ontario, Canada and founder of the brand Wonder Forest. I’m here to help you on your watercolour journey!